With the Might of Angels: The Diary of Dawnie Rae Johnson is a historical fiction book by Andrea Davis Pinkney. It was the fourth new book in the Dear America relaunch. The book was published in September 2011 and was followed by Behind the Masks.
- "This book is dedicated to the legacies of Thurgood Marshall and George E. Bragg."
- "My name is Dawnie. This is my story....
Twelve-year-old Dawnie Rae Johnson's life turns upside down after the Supreme Court rules in favor of desegregation in the landmark case Brown v. Board of Education. Her parents decide that Dawnie will attend Prettyman Coburn, a previously all-white school—but she'll be the only one of her friends to enroll in this new school. Not everyone in Hadley supports integration, though, and much of the town is outraged at the decision. As she starts school, Dawnie endures the harsh realities of racism. But the backlash against her attendance at Prettyman Coburn is more than she's prepared for, and she begins to wonder if the hardship is worth it. Will Dawnie be able to hold on to the true meaning of justice and remain faithful to her own integrity?"
- Main article: List of With the Might of Angels characters
- Main article: Andrea Davis Pinkney
- Interview with Andrea Davis Pinkney about With the Might of Angels at Scholastic
- With the Might of Angels Discussion Guide at Scholastic
- Andrea Davis Pickney discusses With the Might of Angels video at Scholastic