When Christmas Comes Again: The World War I Diary of Simone Spencer is an entry in the Dear America series of books. It was written by Beth Seidel Levine and published in November 2002. The book was followed by Land of the Buffalo Bones.
- "For giving me the best of everything, for laughing the only way anyone should, for letting me catch some of her spirit and all of her love, this book is for my mother, Gail Seidel Levine."
- "December 25, 1917
Christmas! Father and Maman gave me the gift of my army uniform. So I tried it on immediately and modeled for everyone. When I made my final turn, I saw Sally standing in the doorway of the parlor with tears in her eyes. The tray of brandies she was holding started to rattle. Maman hurried over to her and took the tray. Sally sat with us and the room got quiet. "First William, and now Simone," she said. The air was so heavy that I thought I might cry, too. But Maman didn't miss a step. She passed around the brandies and raised her glass. "When Christmas comes again, we shall all be together... and the world will be a safer place."
- Main article: List of When Christmas Comes Again characters
- Main article: Beth Seidel Levine
- Interview with Beth Seidel Levine about When Christmas Comes Again at Scholastic
- When Christmas Comes Again Discussion Guide at Scholastic