Seeds of Hope: The Gold Rush Diary of Susanna Fairchild is a historical fiction book by Kristiana Gregory. It is the twenty-second book in Dear America series. The book was published in June 2001 by Scholastic.
- "Seeds of Hope is dedicated to my editor, Ann Reit, in celebration of our many books together and a golden friendship. Thanks, Ann."
- "Saturday, the 24th of March
Apparently we are camped on what used to be a grove of little pine trees. They were chopped down, leaving stumps of various heights, some tall enough to use as a table, others low enough for stools. This is where we were sitting when a great commotion broke out, an hour after sunrise. "Gold!" someone yelled above the noise of the river. "Mile north of Old Dry Crik!" Suddenly the noise of picks and shovels stopped. Before our eyes a swarm of men hurried out of camp to where their horses were grazing. They mounted, then disappeared into the woods. Others packed tools and bedrolls onto their mules; some just started walking. I was amazed at the power of that one world, gold."
- Main article: List of Seeds of Hope characters
- Main article: Kristiana Gregory
Kristiana Gregory (born 1951 in Los Angeles, California) is a children's author. Her debut novel, Jenny of the Tetons won the Golden Kite Award for Fiction. Gregory has written five books in Dear America, three in The Royal Diaries, and three in My America.
- Interview with Kristiana Gregory about Seeds of Hope at Scholastic
- Seeds of Hope Discussion Guide at Scholastic
- Seeds of Hope Author's Note at Scholastic