Our Don Bradman: The Diary of Victor McDonald is a book in the My Australian Story series by Scholastic Australia. It was written by Peter Allen and first published in June 2004. The book was reissued in November 2006 and November 2010. In December 2017, it was republished as Don Bradman and Me.
- "To my children, Trent and Caitlin."
- "Victor McDonald is cricket mad. He plays for his school team and his dream is to meet his cricketing hero, Don Bradman. But Australia is in the grip of the Great Depression. Work isn't easy to come by. Victor's father has lost his job and the family is moving to Sydney. Despite the daily struggle for life in inner Sydney, Victor not only sees Don Bradman in action, he even gets to meet him. With the England cricket team coming to Australia, Victor knows it's going to be a great cricket season. But England has some nasty surprises in store. This will be one cricket season the Australians–and Victor–will never forget."
- "The Don is my hero because he is the greatest batsman in the world. Dad says all Australians are proud of The Don, even those who don't normally follow cricket. He says The Don is an inspiration to everyone because whenever he gets a big score, people smile and forget about their troubles.
There are lots of troubles that Victor and his family would like to forget. It is the Great Depression, and Victor's dad has lost his job. But despite their struggles, Victor not only gets to see Don Bradman in action, he even meets him! With the England cricket team coming to Australia, Victor knows it's going to be a great season. But England has some nasty surprisses in store that the Australians—and Victor—will never forget."
- Main article: List of Our Don Bradman characters
- Main article: Peter Allen