Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: The Diary of Bess Brennan is an entry in Scholastic's Dear America. The book was written by Barry Denenberg, his fifth in the series. It was published in September 2002 and was followed by Survival in the Storm.
- "Saturday, January 2, 1932
For the first time since the accident I began to cry. I don't like to cry. Daddy disapproved of crying. But I couldn't hold it in any longer. I was crying because of all that had happened to me, but even more because I knew right then that Uncle Ted was right. I always liked doing things for myself, and now there was nothing I could do on my own. I had to go to blind school. I had to find a way to live my life."
- Main article: List of Mirror, Mirror on the Wall characters
- Main article: Barry Denenberg
Barry Denenberg (born in Brooklyn, New York City, New York) is a nonfiction and historical fiction author, known for writing biographies. He is the author five Dear America books, two My Name Is America, and one in The Royal Diaries series.
- "The author would like to thank Kristen Eberle, Kerry Balassone, Cafer Barkus, Amy Griffin, Beth Levine, Doug Barker, Al and Betty Gazaygian, June Tuligankas, Larry Melander, Lisa Sandell, Kerrie Baldwin, and Manuela Soares."
- Interview with Barry Denenberg about Mirror, Mirror on the Wall at Scholastic
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall Discussion Guide at Scholastic