Cyclone Tracy: The Diary of Ryan Turner is the nineteenth book in My Australian Story, a series of fictional diaries. It was written by Alan Tucker, his second in the series. The book was published in February 2006 and republished in September 2010.
- "This book is to ABC Radio. It informed the people of Darwin in 1974 and it informs me today. AT"
- "Ryan and his best friend, Nev, both love fishing. They spend all their spare time at the wharf or out on Darwin Harbour fishing for trevally and barra, and keeping an eye on local weather and tides. But when Ryan makes a new friend, his father is not pleased. Troubles with his dad are nothing compared to what lies ahead for Ryan... Cyclone Tracy devastated Darwin on Christmas Eva, 1974."
- "Darwin's almost completely destroyed; buildings, shops, houses, cars. Whole streets are gone, even the signposts. And now the people are going. Evacuations started today
Ryan just wants to hang out with his mates, go fishing and avoid being hassled by his dad, the super-strict deputy principal. But troubles with his dad are nothing compared with what lies ahead: Cyclone Tracy is about to hit Darwin."
- Main article: List of Cyclone Tracy characters
- Main article: Alan Tucker